Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hello Again!

Hi there!

I took a wee brake from blogging while I was getting my life together. No, I don't have all the answers to life just yet, but I have moved! Which is like kinda a big deal, right?



Back in the spring I quit my job (again) and went to South America for the greatest 30th birthday known to man. Totally awesome. Upon my return I took a local agency gig and wowed all the peeps and babies alike with my nursing skills.



I have now relocated myself to the great city of barbecue and blues. Any guesses where I am??

Memphis y'all! I swear I'm gonna start talking in a southern accent here soon. Please slap me when I do, I beg you. No really, do it!



First impressions of Memphis:
1. The streets are very wide.
2. The houses are mad crazy big. There's just so much freakin' space.
3. Dudes in trucks like to drive fast, which means they hate me because I now drive like an 80 year old 
woman 'cause I'm constantly looking around. Oh hey what's over there y'all???
4. People are insanely nice. They are just like so excited have y'all here. If they can do anything at all please let them know.


I'll keep y'all posted on my happenings here in Memphis. If you have any suggestions let me know!!!!


Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Serves 2

1 large chicken breast
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder

1. Take the chicken breast and carefully slice in half leaving you with 2 thin chicken breasts. Next, cover the chicken with plastic wrap and proceed to beat the daylights out of it. You want the chicken to be really thin like 1/4" at the most.
2. In a small saucepan heat the milk through. Add the salt, pepper, and garlic. Once the milk is barely simmering add the cheese and stir stir stir. Stir until the cheese has melted. If the sauce is very thick you can add a touch more milk.
3. Chop the broccoli into small florets. Place into a microwave proof bowl and cook for 2 minutes. The broccoli should be barely done. Stir into the cheese sauce.
4. On a cutting board take the chicken breasts and spoon a small amount of the broccoli cheese mixture onto one end. Carefully wrap the chicken around the filling.
5. In a medium pan heat some oil on low-medium. Place the filled chicken seam side down in the pan. Put the lid on and let cook for 3-5 minutes per side.
6. Once chicken is cooked through spoon any extra cheese sauce on top. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment