Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Losing stuff

I hate losing things. Especially when you know, you know that you just saw said item! Especially when they're for jeans that you have decided that you no longer want and can't return without the receipt!

Do you do the same thing I do when I lose stuff? I try to retrace my steps. Where was I the last time I saw the item in question? What was I wearing? Did I do my hair that day? Did I have lip gloss on? Oh wait, that's off topic! Back to finding the lost item. Focus!! Ok, so I had the item here and then I....hmm....

Oh hey, what should I have for dinner? This looks good.


I never found my missing receipt, but I did make some tasty Vietnamese rice bowls! That kinda counts too doesn't it? Maybe if I go to the store with the Vietnamese rice bowls they'll take that instead of a receipt? Yeah, I thought that might be a stretch, but a girl can dream!


Vietnamese Rice Bowls
Serves 2-3

For the Pork:
1lb Pork Shoulder, cut into thin strips
3 tbsp Garlic, minced
3 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Fish sauce
2 Scallions, cut finely
1 tbsp Ginger
1 tsp Black pepper
2 tbsp, heaping of Sugar

For the Salad:
1 cup Rice, uncooked
2 Carrots, thinly sliced
1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup Bean sprouts
1 cup Mint
1 cup Parsley
2 Scallions, cut finely
2 tbsp Peanuts

For the Chili Dressing:
1 tsp Fish sauce
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 Thai bird chili, minced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp Ginger
4 tbsp Sugar
6 tbsp Water

1. Cut the pork into thin strips and place in a plastic resealable bag. Mince garlic and add to the pork. Place in the fridge over night.
2. Make the pork marinade in the plastic bag with the pork and garlic. Allow to sit at room temperate for 45 minutes to marinade. Then either on the grill or in a pan cook for 3-5 minutes or until done. The pork is very thin so this won't take long!
3. Cook the rice according to package directions.
4. Prepare all the veggies and herbs for the salad. Place into bowls and set aside until ready to eat.
5. Make the chili dressing. Add more chili if you like things spicy, but be careful, the Thai bird chili's pack a punch!
6. Once the pork has been cooked, the rice cooked, and the salad prepared, make your bowls and enjoy!

Variations:
1. Try substituting cilantro for parsley if you like a mouth full of soap cilantro.
2. Try using rice noodles.
3. Use cucumbers and any other veggies you like! Go crazy!
4. Use tofu instead of pork to make this vegetarian.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment