Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pinterest

Is everyone else as obsessed with pinterest as much as me? While I haven’t been making many international dishes in the last couple of weeks I have been making some yummy pinterest meals. Today I made white chicken enchiladas. What drew me to this recipe was the lack of ingredients on the list, I’m really into recipes that don’t require a lot of ingredients, plus anything that’s creamy and cheesy I’m a fan of.

White Chicken Enchiladas
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
10 soft tortillas
1 cup sour cream
2 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
1 can diced green chilies



1.       Grease a 9 x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350F

2.       Mix chicken and one cup of cheese. Roll the chicken cheese mixture into the tortillas and place in pan, seam side down.

3.       In a sauce pan melt the butter and then whisk in the flour. Don’t be afraid of the rue! Rue’s are great thickening agents. Add the chicken broth. Cover with a lid and let it thicken.

4.       5 or so minutes later add the sour cream and chilies, do not let it boil! The cream will curdle and that would be bad. Pour the thickened cream over the tortillas and top with the remaining cheese.

5.       Bake for 20 or so minutes until the top is bubbly brown.

A few small changes I made:
1.       I used jalapeno jack cheese for a nice kick, but did not add the chilies.
2.       I substituted Greek yogurt for sour cream.




No comments:

Post a Comment