Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Christmas Present


One of my Christmas presents was a cooking class with my brother in NYC. Does he know me or what? I drove up in the morning and enjoyed the views from the Bay Bridge as I crossed. I had some new tunes for my drive up so there was plenty of rocking out in the car. I hope all the people passing me enjoyed my moves!


Then I encountered something rather disturbing, a hearse. Ok, that's not really that exciting, but what was different was its license plate. It said R U NEXT? Um, creepy! Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture of the license plate, because I was driving and safety first on the road kids!

Wright and I had a lovely day bumming around Williamsburg with a lovely lunch to fuel us into cooking class.

Yummy salmon BLT!

Now, cooking class! Me and the boys piled into a small West side kitchen for a lesson in roasted game hens, caramlized fennel with cannellini beans, sweet potato and parsnip latkes’ with homemade applesauce. The class was so fun! It’s BYOB and the chef makes parmesan truffle popcorn for you to munch on while she does the majority of the cooking. How is that not fun?


The food was amazing! You do a little peeling and chopping, but mostly you talk, laugh, and drink. The chef, Rebecca, at one point looked at me and said you a bit, don’t you? Who, me? Oh you, I dabble here and there…J

 Wright stuffing the game hens.

 

 A plate of delicousness!


Nick got a little too excited by it all and spilled his wine, everywhere! Opa!




 To finish an amazing off, we made individual chocolate cake. Did this chef know me or what? 'Cause the last thing on earth I want to share is my chocolate cake!

All-in-all, a great day and class. Thanks little bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment