Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

January is upon us, which means it’s time for resolutions. Usually, I’m not a big resolution person, but after an intense year, filled with new experiences around every corner I’m feeling a little directionless. 2011 was an amazing year in every way possible and beyond. I couldn’t have asked for a better year. With 2012 staring me in the face, I’m wondering what it will hold for me. I’m a big planner and usually have something on tap to keep me focused, but so far for 2012 I’ve got nothing. Hell, I’m still trying to reassemble my life after I took it all apart to go travel. What I’m trying to get at is that I have nothing to plan and I need some goals. Hello resolutions!
I’m taking an idea from poweredbytofu and have decided to make a list of resolutions on the blog to hopefully keep me motivated. I’m naming it 29 before 30 because I turn 29 this year, which will give me 1 year and 4 months to get my resolutions completed!
29 before 30
1.       Learn a new language
2.       Travel domestically more (I’m feeling like I’ve ignored my own country and should get out there!)
3.       Taking a cook class
4.       Learn how to decorate a cake (so it doesn’t look like a 4 year old did it!)
5.       Run a half marathon
6.       Get serious about my yoga practice
7.       Finish the photo books from my trip
8.       Learn how to use the spices I brought home (like the numbing peppers from China)
9.       Learn how to cook paella
10.   Learn how to use my DSLR instead always putting it on Auto
11.   Go to concerts again
12.   Finally get some of my pictures developed and framed
13.   Come up with a picture arrangement to go over my bed
14.   Explore D.C. more
15.   Keep my finger nails shaped and polished for 1 month
16.   Go gluten-free for 1 week
17.   Plant a small vegetable and herb garden (and try not to kill anything this time!)
18.   Read more literature (instead of fluff fiction)
19.   Plan my next big international trip (Machu Picchu in Spring of 2013 anyone??)
20.   Keep blogging
21.   Join a committee at work and/or become more involved in something at work
22.   Learn how to make awesome Thai curry at home, from scratch
23.   Learn more about wine and food pairings
24.   Try a new class (spinning, zumba)
25.   Volunteer
26.   Pay off debt accrued from previous year
27.   Do a sugar detox. No candy, no chocolate for 1 week
28.   _____________
29.   _____________

What’s your new year’s resolution?

Happy New Years!  

No comments:

Post a Comment