Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A New York style Christmas


I’ve been home now for 6 weeks and already I’m getting itchy feet. Did anyone really think I could stay in one place for this long? Yeah, me either! Thankfully we decided to go to New York for Christmas due to my brother’s work schedule. The difference with traveling domestically, by car, and for a holiday is the sheer volume of stuff to take. We had overnight bags for 3, stuff for the dog, presents, tons of food, and pots and pans to cook the food in. My brother doesn’t have much in kitchen ware yet, so we had to bring the majority of things needed to make Christmas dinner in his apartment.

I’ve gotten so accustomed to traveling light that I was truly flabbergasted by the volume of stuff we brought with us for 2 days. I kept saying “Really? Do we really need this much STUFF?” All of which needed to be carried from the car up to my brother’s 3rd floor apartment, including the dog. Woohoo! That’s right, the dog refused to walk up the 2 flights of stairs (he has stair issues), so my brother carried him. All 130lbs of Pete! Pete, fearing for his life wrapped his leg around my brother’s leg on the second flight of stairs, which was hilarious. Unfortunately I was not able to get a picture of that. Fail, I know! After that experience Pete decided his life was worth more than having to be carried up the stairs and took them like a man for the remainder of our stay. Go Pete!



The family reunited in Williamsburg and had a lovely dinner in SoHo on Christmas Eve.

 Yes, I realize that my mother's eyes are closed, but it took us 6 tries just to get us all in the picture to begin with!
 The subway in SoHo.

Christmas Day we lazed around the sweltering apartment all morning, enjoying coffee, Christmas carols, and my homemade cinnamon rolls. And I do mean sweltering, there’s no temp control in the apartment! Did I say we were in New York? I meant balmy Florida.
Oh Christmas tree! Oh Christmas tree!
 In the afternoon we strolled around Central park enjoying the mild winter day and took a meander down Madison looking at the festive window displays. The family made a group decision to drive through Rockefeller Center, instead of walking, which ended up being a good choice because it was crazy busy with people. Luckily, the traffic was so slow that I was able to stick my head out the window and snap a few shots of the tree!



 I saw this girl walking in the park and immediately had to record her outfit. I mean polkadots, ruffle skirt, pink tights, and zebra print boots; what's not to love?

 So, so cute!





 Merry Christmas everyone and a very Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment