Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Easy weeknight dinner


Since coming home I’ve been on a big Asian-inspired food kick. No surprise there! I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect beef and broccoli stir-fry sauce for weeks now, discarding recipes for being to complicated or to something or other. I wanted something tasty, with lots of ginger, and super simple. Well guys, I think I found it! Are you as excited as me? Oh, am I the only one who gets really excited when they think they’ve found the perfect recipe for something they’ve been searching for? Excited, like I have to make this RIGHT THIS SECOND OR I WILL DIE, excited? Just me? Yeah, I thought so!
I wasn’t originally going to write about this recipe, but it was so incredibly easy and so incredibly tasty that I feel like I am obligated to pass on this gem of a recipe. Since I wasn’t going to blog about it there are no pictures, you’re going to have to use your imagination on this one here kids!

Sticky Garlicky Ginger Stir-Fry
1lb Lean meat (beef, pork, venison, or chicken are all great choices!)
3-4 tbsp canola oil
2” knob of fresh ginger, grated
5 cloves of garlic, minced (or grated as well, because hey, the grated was already out!)
¼ heaping cup brown sugar or raw sugar
¼ cup soy sauce

1.       Slice beef, pork, chicken, or whatever you chose to make tonight, slice it thinly. Set aside
2.       Grate ginger and mince (or grate if you’re like me!) garlic
3.       In a large pan heat oil on medium heat until the oil shimmers. Add ginger and garlic. Keep a close eye on this! Do not walk away! Not even for wine! Cook until slightly brown, about 30 seconds.

4.       Add meat. Cook until halfway done and flip over.

5.       Sprinkle sugar on top and then pour in soy sauce. Do not touch meat. Let the sauce thicken, about 2-3 minutes.

6.       Serve on top of rice and whatever veggies you like! I used half a bag of sugar snap peas and snow peas I had left, but broccoli would also be great here!


The only change I will make next time (and there will be a next time!) is to add some pow-pow heat to the sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment