Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Another slaw recipe


I know. I know. Another slaw recipe.

Really Clarissa? It’s like the third slaw recipe you’ve given us in as many months.

But that last one, the sesame slaw one? That was totally different. I swear, there wasn’t even mayo involved.

Plus, this one, I swear, will blow your socks off. Or knock your skirt up. Wait. That’s wrong. You know what I mean!


Green Apple Slaw:
Serves 4-6

½ c Mayonnaise
½ Low-fat Greek yogurt

1 Tbsp Celery seed
1/3 c Apple cider vinegar

2 Tbsp Brown sugar
2-3 c Slaw mix

2-3 Carrots, grated
3-4 Green onions, sliced

1 medium Granny smith apple, peeled and grated

1.       In a bowl grate the peeled apple. Add the slaw mix, grated carrots, and green onions.

2.       In separate bowl make the dressing. Add the veggies. Taste. Adjust as needed. I added more brown sugar.

3.       Allow mixture to sit for 1-2 hours.

4.       Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment