Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Well hello again

Hello? Is anyone out there? Have I lost everyone with my lack of posting? If there is anyone out there listening, I’m sorry for my lacking of posting. Unfortunately I don’t have a great reason, other than I’ve been working like crazy, which has resulted in a rather boring and uneventful lifestyle.
Ok, this is a slight exaggeration, it’s not like nothing has happened, but it’s just not the same as my previous country-hopping ways. Instead of touring thousand year old Buddhist temples, eating exotic food for every meal, or lounging under the cover of swaying palm trees at crystal clear turquoise beaches, my life has consisted more of making pinterest inspired meals, working like a fiend (mostly to pay off some of the previously mentioned activities), and napping on my days off. I will say that while the reverse culture shock of returning home had its moments, it had been the more recent moments of coming home that have been harder. The reality of working and working a lot, of days spent doing normal things (like going to run and running errands), of occasionally catching up with friends over movies and dinner. Which is just plain old strange after months of jet setting. Yep, that’s right, I already have itchy feet! 

Ok, is everyone in the whole wide world as obsessed with Pinterest as I am? I can literally spend hours cruising around that site looking at recipes, hair styles that I will never try, and outfits that I will never wear. This is not all in vain, I mean I got the pita recipe from there, and a couple of other good ones as well. Oh, you thought I would perhaps post on them? Well, here’s the thing, I meant too, a couple of times. First, the quinoa recipe from a week ago, then I went back and looked at all my pictures and they all look a little fuzzy. Which, I’m not going to even try to blame on my camera, I’m going to blame Angry Orchards and their Apple Ginger cider. They were just so tasty and went down so easy with their sweet-spicy flavor, like 3 of them! Opps. At least I didn’t burn dinner and it was still edible! Then I made beer-butt chicken, a very tasty and beyond simple recipe. There were 3 ingredients! This was literally so easy that I felt I couldn’t even post on it because what could I possibly say about it? Plus I didn’t take any pictures. I made this the weekend I had friends visiting and it couldn’t have been easier. Open beer, place chicken on beer, cover in salt and pepper, roast in oven till done. Devourer!

This meal was enjoyed after a rousing game of Cards Against Humanity. Haven’t heard of this game yet? Have you played Apples to Apples? It’s like that, but the adult version, and is absolutely hilarious! I would provide an example, but it’s not really polite so I can’t. Just trust me when I say you should play this game as soon as possible. Here, I’ll even provide the website!
http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/

I’ve got a couple of ideas on things I’ll be posting on in the (hopeful) near future and will do my best to be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment