Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and had lots of amazingly yummy food. This year I am thankful for the following:

1. Being back in the country

2. Sleeping in the same (read my own) bed for last 1.5 weeks

3. Cooking up a storm

4. My family being at the table for said food

I usually do the cooking for Thanksgiving and this year was no different. In fact my mother asked me weeks before if I would be back in time for the holiday. When I replied yes, she said oh good!

The usual Thanksgiving holiday goes a little like this in my house: I make the Pioneer Woman's amazing cinnamon rolls. Papa does all the chopping and Mom makes the stuffing. Thanks for chopping the onion Papa! I really hate doing that! My turkey that's been brining all night in its apple cider brine bath gets one last rinse before getting his hiny stuffed with stuffing and placed in the oven.

Then we put on nicer clothes and take the yearly family photo. After this we ran into the first and possibly most distaserous problem possible, we lost the WINE OPENER!?!?! Houston we have a problem!! Thankfully we found a Swiss Army knife with a corkscrew on it. Oh thank goodness!
Finally, after we have all slid into a trytophan coma we watch a movie or two. All topped off with a little pie. 'Cause what's Thanksgiving without pie?

Now, I'm just hanging out, hoping to find a job this week.

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is a job, with benefits (and parking) ! Thankyou.

Love, Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment