Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My dirty little secret...

I have a confession to make. While I may seem all Martha too many of you, I have a secret, a dirty chocolaty laced secret. I hate making brownies from scratch! I only ever use box mixes.


First, let me say that I do usually jazz them up a bit with chocolate chips, extra vanilla extra, and a dash or three of espresso powder. It's just that the box mix is so easy. When I want brownies, which let's face it, is all the time, I want them nownownow. Like 15 minutes ago N.O.W. I open the cabinet, rip open a box, spend 5 minutes mixing, and boom done.


I mean look at that, only 2 bowls and spoon to clean up. You just can't get any easier.

Now that you know my little secret, let me share with you a story of excess. These are by far, hands down, the trashiest of trashy brownies I have ever made. I'm not kidding.


There's brownie AND chocolate caramel bars AND marshmallows. Are you running to the kitchen yet? Why ever not???

This by the way is how I found the cooling bars when I returned home. Apparently someone my mom couldn't keep their hands off of them! I guess I can't really blame her, I probably wouldn't have been able to either.

I will tell you that the brownies didn't get very brownie-like in the middle, but that didn't stop me. No siree. It was almost pudding like in the middle, which is just fine by standards. This recipe is so easy to make I'm almost embarrassed to share it with you. But, don't worry, I am.


Marshmallow Brownies
Serves 1 - 8

1 box of Brownie mix
2 Chocolate caramel bars
24 Marshmallows, the jumbo sized ones

1. Spray a 8x8 pan with cooking spray and turn the oven to 350F.
2. Mix the brownies according to the package directions. Pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly. Place into oven for about 20 minutes.
3. Break up the chocolate bars into squares. Place the chocolate squares on top of the brownies as evenly as possible. Place back in oven.
4. With 10 minutes left of cooking top the brownies with the marshmallows and finish cooking until the marshmallows are golden-brown on top.
5. Cool for 5 minutes before cutting! Please keep in mind that all box mixes require different cooking times so adjust cooking time, addition of candy bars, and marshmallows in mind. Adjust as needed.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment