Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Interview Questions


Part of my adjustment back to reality is getting a job. Nothing says reality like getting up at 5am for a 12 hour shift! Please please, I wanna go back to Asia, pleeeaaasseee…

Anyways…

I’ve had several interviews and they always, and obviously, ask why I left my previous job. I try to succinctly explain in a few sentences what I did during my whirlwind adventures, while making particular emphasis on my medical volunteering experience.

Today I had a phone interview. We chat for several minutes on all the usual topics and she seems vaguely unimpressed with my recent adventures. Then she asks what accomplishment or challenge I am most proud of. Well, gee, I dunno…maybe when I traveled the world, alone, for 7 months? I think I may have mentioned it before. That question and the why do you want to work here question that kinda threw me. Um, I hear you offer money in exchange for work; I was hoping to get in on that business please! Pretty pretty please? With a cherry on top?

 Or I could just go back to lying on a beach in Zanzibar! Who’s with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment