Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

And I'm back in the game!

I have officially arrived back in the states. I was a little nervous going through US customs, afraid that they might say you know what, we're sorry, but we can't let you back in. Surprisingly the customs official said little to me, only commenting "7 months, one hell of a vacation. Welcome back". Really? That's it? Oh ok...wait, are you sure? You are? Ok...
I'm currently in San Francisco for the week, catching up with old friends, which has been great! Being back in the land of sanitation, cleanliness, and hygiene has been wonderful. I'm sure my friends are already tired of hearing me say "but it's so clean and orderly!". I'm here for a week then heading to Texas to see Kim and go to a Navy football game, because what's more American than Texas and football?

Things that I'm loving about being back in the states:
- People stay in their lane of traffic. If there's 3 lanes of traffic there are 3 cars, not 5.
- Virtually no honking, it's so quite on the highway and streets.
- Clean streets
- Healthy looking animals
- Being able to drink from the tap again. Or open my mouth when showering and not fear for my life.
- Being around friends, it was great meeting so many amazing people, but it gets tiring explaining your life story over and over and over again.

I've gotten a lot of questions about what my next plan is, but sadly, I have no idea. Well, that's a lie. I plan on going home, bonding with my much-missed bed, running with Pete, and catching up with everyone. After that? Um, can I get an extension please?

No comments:

Post a Comment