Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

New friends in Penang

Penang

I'm sure some of you are wondering what friends I was meeting in Penang. While in Chiang  Mai I did a day trip to Chiang Rai. The day trip was a bust, one tourist trap after another, but the positive of it was that I met this great couple from Penang, Malaysia. We chatted throughout the day and at the end they gave me their contact info and said when I was traveling through to contact them and offered up room and board for me. I did warn them  at that time that I would most likely take them up on their generous offer. I decided when I was going to be entering Malaysia and emailed them to see if their generous offer still stood. They emailed back an enthusiastic yes! Not only that, but they were going to be staying at a beach resort for a couple of nights and would I care to join them? Gee, let me think about that one? Heck, yeah!
They were beyond sweet and generous. I shared a room with Mrs.Teh at a 3 star hotel that had a comfy bed, the cleanest bathroom ever, flat screen tv, air con, and even a hair dryer! I watched Martha in bed with a cup of coffee!!! Plus, they took me around, I didn't have to figure out the usual how's and where's and what's. I can't begin to tell you how nice it was to not have to think for a couple of days. They treated me like family, always including me in conversation and activities, always trying to get me to eat more! The Teh's truly are some of the most kind hearted people I have ever met and it was a nice couple of days that I was able to spend with them.
Now I'm back on the road for a busy week in Malaysia before I meet Jenna in Singapore. 

2 comments: